Friday, May 8, 2015

TAKING THE ICE Teaser

Hello! I haven't posted in a while, but I have great news! The final book in the Ice series, TAKING THE ICE, is coming along nicely and should be out in early fall. The cover is almost finished (I LOVE it so much!!), and I just need to come up with the back-of-the-book blurb (the hardest part!)

I thought it was time to share an excerpt with you :) Here's a quick look at the next part of Courtney and Josh's journey:

****

As soon as we removed our guards, the audience erupted with cheers. Goosebumps shot up all over my skin, and my heart thumped hard against my chest. I pushed off from the boards and took long, deliberate strokes.

While the score was read, Josh skated to my side and grasped my hand, and we glided over to Em and Sergei. The crowd had quieted for the score, but was now in full frenzy mode, yelling and waving signs of support. I took a tiny sip of water to wet my dry mouth, and I intertwined my fingers with Josh’s, holding on as tightly as I could.

Sergei leaned forward so we could hear him over the chaos. “You have a connection no other team has. Focus on each other, and you’ll make it all happen.”
Josh and I bobbed our heads and skated to the end of the rink for our introduction. The deafening cheers drowned out the pounding of my pulse in my ears. I looked up at Josh, and he squeezed my hand and mouthed, “I love you.”
I smiled and exhaled the long breath I’d been holding.
Here we go.

2 comments: